Introduction to Game Development workshop is set out to develop the students understanding and fluency in mathematics through inquiry, exploring and connecting mathematical concepts, choosing and applying problem-solving skills, mathematical techniques, communication and reasoning. This course is for students taking their first steps with game design and development, using the same tools as industry experts.
- Unity Basics; Understanding the program structure
- Level Design; Transforming objects
- Unity Prefabs; Recreating objects
- Evaluation and Problem Solving
- Object Orientated Analysis
- Team Work and Discussions
- Presenting their Work
Room 209A, Building 6
University of Wollongong
Wollongong NSW 2500
Each Wednesday: 10 Weeks During Term
Workshop Time: 4pm-5:30pm
Age Range: 13-18
Spots Available: 10
Student to teacher ratio: 10:1
Hear from St Joseph’s Catholic High School
Workshop BYO Requirements
- Laptop (minimum): i5 Processor, 4GB RAM, and either Windows 7 or OSX (or later).
- It is recommended to have Unity 5 Personal Edition Installed prior to the workshop. Install and setup of Unity 5 can be done free, an hour before class or for those of you proactive; we have provided links below for you to be able to download them now and not have to stress before the workshop.