Introduction to Website Development workshop is set out to develop the students understanding and fluency in basic website design and development in the realm of WordPress. Students will learn how to build a WordPress website from scratch even if you are a complete beginner. Over the duration of this course you will build a full website step-by-step using WordPress.com.
- Website Basics; Understanding the program structure
- Level Design; Transforming objects
- WordPress Plugins; Customising the website
- Understand the capabilities of WordPress as a blogging platform and CMS
- Learn basic HTML and CSS
- Develop a custom website from scratch
- Learn how to customize navigation
- Understand how to leverage the WordPress plug-in library
Room 209A, Building 6
University of Wollongong
Wollongong NSW 2500
Workshop Time: 4pm-5:30pm
Age Range: 13-18
Spots Available: 10
Student to teacher ratio: 10:1
Workshop BYO Requirements
- Laptop (minimum): i5 Processor, 4GB RAM, and either Windows 7 or OSX (or later).
- We will be accessing the internet, so a web browser will be needed.